Skip to main content

Anyone For A Tunnock's Teacake?

Darling Husband (DH) is Scottish, which has its ups and downs.  

The upside is that I always have free access to numerous jokes and monetary advice.

The downside is that we have to find room in our house for numerous IrnBru cans and Tunnock's Teacakes.  

When Tunnock's factory had to shut down temporarily, DH took upon himself to mass buy their teacakes to the point where we were unable to shut our 'biscuit drawer' (yes, we have such a thing in our house along with a 'crisp drawer'.  As I said, I live with a Scotsman).  My access to Hobnobs was severely hindered until such time that the teacakes were consumed by DH.

However, the latest catastrophe is that IrnBru is changing the sugar content of their brew.  DH has commandeered the boot of the car, a drawer in the kitchen and the top of our fridge-freezer for a post-apocalyptic storage level of multi-pack cans of the original IrnBru recipe. 

If Tunnock's was to close permanently or when the original IrnBru recipe runs out ... I will be preparing myself for DH to show the withdrawal symptoms of general grumpiness and hours on the sofa (in pyjamas) watching Still Game re-runs.

I'm sticking to the Hobnobs.




Photo 
© Paula Gilfillan. All Rights Reserved.



Comments