Skip to main content

Are You Ready For Christmas?

‘Are you ready for Christmas?’

Those five words that are said in all innocence and with good will.

Sorry to break it to you, but I’m not one of those people that:

writes and sends out their Christmas cards at the end of November;

buys all their Christmas presents for the coming year in the new year sale (only cards and wrapping paper);

has a fridge laden with Christmas food two weeks beforehand.

Don’t get me wrong, I Iove Christmas. Log fires, good food and time spent with the family. Tick, tick, tick. But in the lead up to it, I’ll get there in my own time; not when other folk expect me to be ready.

So, when you ask me if I’m ready for Christmas, the answer will always be, ‘Not until Christmas Eve.’ And for some years, it will be, ‘Good enough ready.’

Have a good Christmas in whatever way you like it; ready or not. xxxx



Photo 
© Alexander and Edward Gilfillan. All Rights Reserved


Comments

Post a Comment