Skip to main content

Unstuck

I’ve been quiet on the blog front. Studying for my MA, breaking my elbow, and then within the classic writer’s rule of three, I had little spare time and energy to blog.

However, I recently bought two beautiful notebooks in TK Maxx (one with Chinese artwork and the other a hare) to encourage me to journal again. I decided that one was to be notes on the novel I’m currently writing, and the other, a travel journal. I used to do the latter in my 20s and 30s, but somewhere in the business of life I fell out of love with a handwritten record of any holiday or event, leaving my photos in the Google ether to tell a story instead.

I’d gone to TK Maxx with the intention to buy photo frames, and after circling the shelves numerous times, I saw a rack of notebooks inspired by British artists, instead. Distracted, I ended up picking two for me, and one for my daughter. And then I chose two photo frames.

I queued up at the cash tills to be served by a worker who had seen me frittering around the picture frames, but he discovered that one frame was missing its price/barcode sticker. I apologised for picking up a frame with no price sticker. He then apologised for having to leave the till to find the price, but I reassured him I was happy to wait and it wasn’t long before the whole transaction was completed.

In the meantime, I found my husband lounging on a green sofa for sale in TK Maxx too. A passing guy jokingly asked us if he could bring us a cuppa.

Later that evening, while sitting in the cinema waiting for the film to start, I found the photo frame price sticker ... stuck to my t-shirt. Luckily, the dimmed lights disguised my blushed embarrassment.

The photo frames and notebooks have been used. With stickers removed.

And now I’m unstuck … and back to writing my blog.

                                               

                                                           (Photo © Paula Gilfillan. All Rights Reserved)  




Comments